Things to Do in Port Broughton
If you’re looking for family friendly events, activities, local playgrounds, places to visit and eat you can’t go past the Kids in Adelaide website. It’s full of great ideas and our #1 resource for finding things to do in Adelaide with kids.
For the kids
Enjoy splashing around in our solar heated swimming pool including toddlers wading pool
Fun for the “hole” family. The 9 hole course features some challenging holes and obstacles and is a heap of fun!
Brilliant fun for all ages. So….be sure to bring your bikes, scooters, skateboards or blades and test out our new 48-metre long track.
Offering bouncing fun for young and old
Hire a Kart from reception – great fun!
Let the kids burn up some energy on our new Funky Monkey ninja playground.
The Visitor information Centre is located on the ground level at the Port Broughton Hotel.
Brilliant Fishing and Crabbing
- Catch some fish or even a crab or two from our local jetty or launch your boat at Port Broughton or Fishermans Bay. Crab nets are available from reception.
- Take a fishing charter & catch a BIG one.
- Stretch your legs with a self guided tour around Port Broughton “Walk Around Port Broughton”.
- Stroll along our beautiful jetty and watch the sun set or the pelicans glide past.
- Have a picnic on the foreshore while the children play under the shade at the playground.
And the beach!
- Have a go at sailing, boating or fishing. The Port Broughton Sailing Club offers a range of activities for all ages.
- Social bowls at the local lawn bowling club
- Try a friendly game of tennis or volleyball – free ball and racket hire available at reception
- Visit our local RSL Club for a game of snooker, cards or bingo
- Take a short ride around town or take the 5km trip to Fishermans Bay
- Port Broughton to Fishermans Bay walk
Day Trips & Half Day Trips
Visit the local Heritage Centre. This hands-on centre contains many historical papers, photos, articles and a beautiful “Plangon” doll collection.
Visit the famous Clare Valley wine region
Take a drive around the Copper Triangle, home to Moonta mines, the Walaroo Marina and shopping at Kadina.
Visit Clements Gap and wander around the Soldiers Memorial Church.
Visit one of the most complex smelting operations in the world at Port Pirie Smelters.
Food & Dining
- Crab, oysters, prawns and fresh fish from Barnes Seafood on the Bute Road
- Takeaway can also be purchased at the Beachfront Deli, The Central Deli located on Bay Street.
- Looking for a meal, snack, coffee or cake – Mangrove Shack is the place to visit.
- If Alfresco is more your style then try Palate 2 Palette on Bay Street.
- Port Broughton has two hotels both located on Bay Street. The Port Broughton Hotel and The Sunnyside offer Schnitzel nights each Wednesday. Pizza is also available at the Port Broughton Hotel.
We often get asked by our guests where to grab a bite to eat after exploring our beautiful Port Broughton. Well look no further than our 2 top picks. You're sure to find something delicious on the menu at one of these two popular dining venues. Enjoy! Palate 2...
Yorke Peninsula Towns – Our Favourite Destinations! Planning a trip to the Yorke Peninsula? Wondering where to visit? How to spend your time? From Port Broughton at the top of the peninsula, to Marion Bay and Innes National Park at the southern tip, there's so much to...
Which popular attractions are close to Port Broughton Caravan Park?
Is there any food and dining in Port Broughton Caravan Park?
Where can I surf in Yorke Peninsula?
What are some restaurants close to Port Broughton Caravan Park?